Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Savor the Moments....

You know those moments that hit you unexpectedly? Those moments that you just think...wow! Life is good....I am so blessed! I had one of those moments today. It's a moment that I want to record so that I can come back and read and remember this feeling ....and live it all over again in the future! I have a little cherub of a boy in my class this year. I absolutely adore this child!  He rushed into my classroom first thing this morning with more excitement than he could hardly contain! With big round eyes and simply oozing with enthusiasm.....with all the JOY that his little body could possibly muster he bubbled:

MRS. CORNETT!!! GUESS WHAT?!! GUESS WHAT?!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS N..... WHAT IS IT? WHAT IS IT??

MRS. CORNETT! ONLY 4 MORE SLEEPS!!!!

4 MORE SLEEPS TIL WHAT??!!!

4 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! (squeals and jumping and glee!!)

OH MY GOODNESS!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!

YES!! YES!! I KNOW!! (clapping and jumping and exuberance!)

AND GUESS WHAT MRS. CORNETT?!!!

WHAT?! WHAT?!

ONLY 6 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL MINE!!! (more squeals and jumping and glee!)

OH YEEEEES!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

MRS. CORNETT! MRS CORNETT!! ARE YOU BRINGING A TREAT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?!!

OH YES!! OF COURSE!!! (I am now! ;))

 ME TOO!! ME TOO!!! (More jumping, glee and excitement!)

 Folks! It was one of those moments that brought tears to my eyes! Best birthday gift ever!! It definitely put an extra spring to my step! :)  He doesn't even have a clue that I will be 50!! And he doesn't even care!! Ha! All we know that it is positively the most EXCITING thing EVER!! Life is good! I hope that I can savor it! Savor it and truly enjoy it to the fullest like this little munchkin! God is good! 4 more sleeps! I can't wait!! :)

 Love, Wendy

No comments: