Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Oh Snap!
Ok, so what's that all about?? "Oh Snap" This is Isaac's new favorite saying. He uses it like you would use "Oh shucks"....or..."fiddlesticks". He can't get his race car to stay on the track, "Oh Snap!" He drops his napkin on the floor, "Oh Snap!" He has trouble getting his coat zipped "Oh snap!" I do remember Heidi saying it a few months ago a bit. I asked her about it and she just kind of giggled?? So, is this something that she made up or are all the kids saying it now? Isaac definitely picked up on it! I hope you aren't gonna tell me it's the newest swear word or something! My cuckoo clock just told me that it's 11:30. Yikes! I need to get to bed! Oh snap!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
If I remember correctly with James and Elisabeth it meant something like "Awesome". Of course, that could have changed OR I never knew what they were talking about!
Oh goodness, the junior high-ers said it ALL THE TIME when I was teaching 2 years ago. It was kind of used as an exclamation (like your dear is using) but also for "well okay then" (picture attitude) or "alrighty then" or also when they were really excited about something. It just seemed to be a favored way to start or end a sentence too. As in "Snap, guess what happened to me this weekend?" The "gangsta" kids were more likely to use it. Course now, they're probably too cool to use it and it has become something favored among younger kids. :) lol.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Garett has started saying this word as well. Another one that my boys say nowadays is "Ponage" --- just like it looks like you should say it -- with a long O sounds. This is said when someone "gets" someone and gets them good. Like if Josh were to say my face hurts and I would say "well it's killing me" and Garett would then go "oooh -- PONAGE!" Ha. But Garett is also saying the "OH - SNAP Baby" when something is pretty darn neato. Ha. I have heard it said also in place of the words OOps ... like Isaac is saying when he drops his napkin. Ha. "Oh snap - there goes my napkin!". Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
I hear it quite often in the pre t and teens...
lol hearing Isaac!
HEY I WANNA GO PRIVATE!
:-)
Emma, age 6, says this! I am sure she got it at school. (or teen brothers is more likely, huh?) It is said like "oh darn" when she uses it. Better than other things she could have picked up, I guess. I kinda took it to mean "snap" like when kids used to say "oh darn" they would actually snap their fingers. Wasn't that on the Little Rascals? Have to admit, it sounds kinda cute when she says it, just don't tell her I said so.
Put me on your "private" list!!!!
OH, speaking of private (tee hee) Emma said I had to STOP calling her "V" privates because private actually means when adults have a quiet conversation they don't want kids to hear...
Thanks ladies! Obviously it is not something that was just made up here! ;)
Lisa, cracking up at what Emma said about her "private" lol!
I can just hear Garett saying "Oh, Snap Baby!".....too funny!
Post a Comment