Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Friday, September 07, 2007

Diggin'

So, this past week it has been just Mom and Isaac for a big portion of the day. It's been fun just hanging out with the little guy. I thought Isaac may have a problem with all of the other kids at school, but so far I have heard absolutely no complaints! He has shown no desire to go to school himself and seems perfectly content to be at home alone. LOL!

One activity that has been keeping him quite busy this week is digging! He is having so much fun just diggin' away to his little heart's content. :)

Last week we made a trip to the Home Improvement store. As soon as we pulled up Isaac started talking about getting himself a shovel. A shovel?? The boy has plenty of shovels for his sandbox I thought!? As we walked around the store the chatter about a shovel continued. We soon found ourselves in the Garden Center investigating the shovels. Well, the shovel that Isaac had in mind was a "real" shovel. We found the perfect one and he proudly toted it around the store with a huge smile while we finished our shopping. The boy has been digging in our old garden spot ever since. Let me tell you the $6 we spent on that shovel has been worth every red cent! :)
Jacob has helped Isaac with the digging after school too. They have pulled some pretty good sized rocks out of that ground! As you can see they drug out the winter sleds to haul their dirt.........and they are also putting the old boards and gutters that we tore off the front of our house on Labor Day to good use as well. Creativity at it's finest. :) Dig On Boys!!

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! I have a picture somewhere of my little brother Logan when he was about 2... holding a pic axe in our dirt michigan basement, "helping" my dad. lol... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! Little busy boy. I bet he is loving having time with mom all by himself!
Give him a kiss from Aunt Terrie. :)