Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I want my tonsils back in!!

Poor little fella! This is what Isaac announced at the dinner table tonight. He's ready to go back to the hospital and have his tonsils put back in pronto! He's just tired of dealing with the pain and overall sick feeling. He's really doing so well though. It just hurts and it would be much easier just to put them back in! LOL!! We were told that days 4 thru 7 are the roughest during recovery. Tomorrow is day 6....so we should be getting over the hump soon! I'm working very hard at keeping him hydrated, which I think is helping a lot.

He told me the other day, "Mama, I can hear you now" :) :) That is AWESOME! It's interesting the sounds that he is noticing now. We have our computer in our main living area. Yesterday he was watching a tv program while I was on the computer. He asked if I could stop making that LOUD noise! He was referring to the sound of me typing on the keyboard......he never heard that before! This morning while in the car he asked me to please stop that LOUD noise!! This time he was referring to the sound of the heater blowing. I'm so happy that he can hear things now!!!!

One unusual side affect of the surgery that I was informed about at the initial consultation is his voice change. His voice is much higher pitched and almost squeaky...think Mickie Mouse or Alvin and the Chipmunks here. The doc said that this is due to the change in acoustics in his throat. It's very common and will improve with time, but could take up to several months. It's so strange to hear him sounding so differently!

Another good thing that's happening is that he is no longer snoring!! No more sleep apnea!! YAY!!!

Ok, must scoot. Isaac just woke and is now on my lap. When I asked him what was wrong he just said once again, "I want my tonsils back in!" :(

Love,
Wendy

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Bless his heart! Interesting about the voice change; I had never heard of that before. And very cool about him hearing all sorts of sounds he never heard before... wow!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Poor baby! Give him a big hug!