So, finally yesterday was the day!....well, last night AFTER supper actually, which was huge to Gracie because we had to wait ALL day! lol! It turned out that one of Heidi friends was wanting to go the play as well. So, we decided yesterday to make a "girls night out" out of it. Me, Heidi, Samantha and Gracie. At supper time Gracie did not eat much at all and was saying that she did not feel well. Oh NO! :( About an hour before time to leave for the show Gracie threw up (sorry so graphic!). Of course, after that she felt quite a bit better and wanted to go to the play sooooo very badly. Jacob suggested that we go and take a "barf bag" in my purse. Oh MY! But, that is what we did.......we headed out the door with a very smiley girl.
All was well at the play for a while.........that was UNTIL we had to put "the bag" to use. :( Ugh!! Poor baby!! Soon after one of the characters used the line "Oh Fiddle Faddle" I smiled when I heard it because I used to hear the expression so very frequently from Mama Nicks! I will NEVER hear the expression and not think of her. I thought to myself how very fitting the expression was for how I was feeling at that particular moment in time.
My girl has been looking forward to this event for weeks and is now sitting here puny and unable to enjoy it fully: OH FIDDLE FADDLE!!!
A few other occasions from yesterday where the expression would fit quite well:
I'm standing at the counter of the pharmacy and the clerk says "that will be $48 please." The surgery center was supposed to have given us a sample for these ear drops so that we would not have to get them from our pharmacy, but they forgot......$48! :-O : OH FIDDLE FADDLE!!!
Isaac sitting on the potty in the middle of the night for the third time going "number 3" (graphic post huh?! Sorry, but it is my reality right now): OH FIDDLE FADDLE!!!
The lawn mower is not working properly: OH FIDDLE FADDLE!!!
Our email server is upgrading our service and has been working on it for the past 18 hours so that we are unable to get email: OH FIDDLE FADDLE!!!
And, last but not least, Lion doesn't think he has the courage to head into that dark woods before Dorothy, Scarecrow or Tin Man: OH FIDDLE FADDLE!!! ;)
Love,
Wendy
3 comments:
Poor sweet Gracie. Oh Fiddle Faddle!
The flu is NOOOOO fun; I hope that Gracie is over it in no time and that the rest of you stay healthy! With our most recent episode I escaped it, but Ellie gave it to Ben, Ben's parents, his brother and brother's girlfriend, and my friend Sheila.
The play sounds fun though; I'm sorry Gracie had to be sick that night! :(
I was all warm and fuzzy about the girls...and how sad for Gracie...then that pic of Isaac just ripped my heart open! Oh the agony is ALL over him...
:-(
Glad he's doing so much better!!!
HOORAY for wonderful family, even if it means dirty dishes!
I LOVE YOUR PERSPECTIVE!
Post a Comment