Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas Day!

Yikes! I've gotten so far behind on my blog! It's been a fun and busy few weeks. I'm going to attempt to get all caught up, but I'm sure it's going to take me a few days to do it. Let's start with Christmas Day. We spent Christmas Day at home this year....just the six of us. We had a GREAT day!!

This photo was taken the Sunday before Christmas. The kids took candy canes to pass out at church....FUN!! We've been doing this for several years and they enjoy it so much!
Our tree. You can see our big dancing Santa that I have refered to in this photo. He was a gift to Daddy from the boys a few years ago. He's fun!! Daddy was quite surprised with that gift. ;)
Kids with stockings
Millie eagarly anticipating her Christmas treat :)
Isaac's reaction to his new Moon Sand..:) Btw, for all of you Mom's reading this...in my humble opinion this is NOT cleaner that play dough as advertised! ;) He does LOVE it though!!
Pleased as punch with her new blue jeans! Mulan II....YIPEE!!! :)
Jacob with new baseball bat. You can see his new target for his bow in the background. Jacob observed "Mom everything I got for Christmas is for outside play".......You got that right!!! Santa knows our boy well! He needs to be OUT running as much as possible!! :)
A few years ago I was wracking my brain trying to come up with an idea for gifts for the kids to give each other for Christmas. With four kids this could get pricey.......and I wanted the gifts to have meaning! So, the idea I came up with was scrapbooks. I am not a scrapbooker...I just don't have time. I use this blog as a way to preserve our memories instead of scrapbooks. But, now we do have four scrapbooks in the house....one for each child. What we do is every Christmas each child creates one scrapbook page for each of his/her siblings and adds it to their scrapbooks. We wrap them and put them under the tree to open....a gift from their siblings. Every year their scrapbooks contain 3 new pages for the year that just past...a page from each sibling. Make sense? I like it because the kids spend time on the gift they are giving to each other AND when the kids leave home they will have a scapbook from their siblings to treasure. :) Here is Isaac showing off a bit of his scrapbook. :)
Heidi looking at her scrapbook
A peek into Heidi's scrapbook ;)
Millie enjoying her Christmas hambone

Whew! If you've made it this far I'm impressed! :) Hey ladies I was thinking that we should be able to include Christmas on our resumes as an "organization" skill........what do you think? ;) Hope you all had a Merry one! God Bless!

Wendy

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Looks like a very merry Christmas! What a fantastic idea about the scrapbooks! You rock! I think that those books will be very treasured by your kids, esp as they get older!

Wendy said...

Wendy, not only did I make it thru, I just savored the smiles, I need all the "ooh's and aahs" I can get tonight...and that was GREAT! The kids are just adorable....Joshua and Jacob might be blood relatives! lol