
EVERY year one of our all time favorite activities is strawberry season! We all know that here in Michigan the month of June means strawberries! We just love everything about it. The kids and I LOVE going to the nearby fruit farm and picking the berries. We bring them home and eat them fresh out of the baskets to our little hearts content. We have fun cleaning them together and Tom absolutely loves and looks forward to fresh strawberry shortcake on the day that we go picking. And then we make homemade strawberry jam and enjoy it for the rest of the year. YUM! So our plans were to do our picking on Thursday of this week. So, I call the fruit farm on Wednesday to find out what time the picking starts on Thursday morning........want to make sure and beat the heat. The kids and I are all geared up for a fun day. I was SOOO disappointed when the lady on the other end of the phone said, "The picking ended on Saturday"......WHAT??? No strawberry fun this year?? How can that be? :( We always have strawberries through the whole month of June! Well, apparently not always. We had a hard late frost this year, which affected our crop of strawberries..........Sigh! When Tom came home from work on Wednesday and I told him the news I think he was about to start hyperventilating at the disappointment of no strawberry fun, which for him translates to no strawberry shortcake or jam this year! LOL!! Here are a couple of pictures of our strawberry fun from last year. I'll have to just savor these photos for one more year until we can get out in that patch next year........Sigh....Hee Hee! Notice the date from last year. June 22! I'll probably find some strawberries somewhere, but it just won't be nearly as much fun as picking our own! ;)

1 comment:
Ahhh...how sad for all of you! It sounds like alot of great fun!
Post a Comment