Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17
Sunday, May 06, 2007
It's the little things....
Back during the winter on an unseasonably warm day.......upper 30's ;)....Gracie walked outside and said, "Mama, it's hot out here, can we eat watermelon today?" lol! Well, over the weekend my watermelon girl's dreams came true. Let me tell you, the $4.98 we paid for this watermelon was worth every cent. When Gracie rounded the corner into the kitchen and saw me cutting up that watermelon her excitement literally brought tears to my eyes!! She was SOOOOO happy! It's the little things that mean the most don't they?
We were so impressed with the Chinese people who always served fruit instead of dessert, especially lots and lots of watermelon. My little blessing from China DOES NOT LIKE watermelon!! I tell her all the time she HAS to love it, after all we ate it every single day in China. She won't buy that as an excuse to like it, though. ha ha ha You can tell Gracie that she is honoring her wonderful heritage by loving the stuff. I promise, every time I eat watermelon I think of our wonderful days in China. L.Z.
3 comments:
I don't blame you Gracie....watermelon rocks! It's Lottie and Emma Jane's favorite also! Hugs, Kimberley
I have a great love of watermelon, Gracie!!! You are a beautiful girl, sweetie!
We were so impressed with the Chinese people who always served fruit instead of dessert, especially lots and lots of watermelon. My little blessing from China DOES NOT LIKE watermelon!! I tell her all the time she HAS to love it, after all we ate it every single day in China. She won't buy that as an excuse to like it, though.
ha ha ha
You can tell Gracie that she is honoring her wonderful heritage by loving the stuff.
I promise, every time I eat watermelon I think of our wonderful days in China.
L.Z.
Post a Comment