Yep! Our anniversary was Friday. 22 years ago Tom and I were newly weds. :) It's been a wonderful 22 years. I thank God daily for the sweet and good man that I travel through this life with.....a Godly man! When Jacob and I have conversations about "what he will be" when he grows up. I always tell him that no matter what he does to make money, the one thing that I want him to "be" when he grows up is a "good man"....a man that loves the Lord with all his heart, soul and strength........a man just like his Daddy!
Tom came home from work on Friday with this beautiful bouquet of red roses. :) One red rose for each year that we have been married and 4 carnations representing each of our beautiful children. He began this with our first anniversary with one red rose. He has not missed a year.......he even managed to have flowers delivered to me on the years that he was overseas fighting a war. Thank you sweetie!!
So, on Friday evening we delivered all four kids to Grandma for the weekend. The kids were all very excited to be spending some time with Grandma and Grandpa Dick. And, it allowed Tom and I some time alone to be together to celebrate our anniversary. I've missed the kids like crazy, but it's been nice to be able to have some uninterrupted conversations with my husband! :) It's been very relaxing.....awwww!
On Friday night we went down to Shipshewana to the Blue Gate Restaurant and then to the theatre they have there. We saw the "Chuck Wagon Gang"........third generation. I love their music! It was very nice and entertaining. Donna Douglas was also there. She is the lady that played Ellie Mae on the Beverly Hillbillies. She told her life story. It was very interesting. God has been guiding her life since she was very young. Mel Riegsecker owns much of Shipshewana....including the Blue Gate and theatre and Hardwoods, where Tom works. Mel was the MC for the event at the theatre on Friday and saw us during the intermission. So, at the beginning of the second half of the show he mentioned that Tom and I were there celebrating our anniversary and had us stand. That was pretty special. :)
Yesterday we went up to "Turkeyville USA". We hit several garage sales on the way up and found some pretty good deals on some things for the kids. We had a nice turkey dinner and lolly gagged in the gift shop and the flea market that was going on there yesterday. Then last night we rented and watched "The Nativity". We had not seen it before. Boy, Mary had a good man in her Joseph didn't she?!
It's been a nice weekend.... and now we are slowly getting around for church this morning. We will go to church in Hillsdale, meeting GMa and GPa and the kids there. We will go back to their house to celebrate Mother's Day with Tom's mom. Looks like we're going to have beautiful weather. Can't wait to give the kids a squeeze!!
I'm one blessed lady!
Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment