Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Thursday, September 07, 2006

School Days!


Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Back To School We Go!!! Tuesday was the first day back to school. It was nice that we didn't have to go back until after labor day this year! We kicked off the year with a two hour fog delay. The only problem was that Mom didn't know anything about it! So, we were all at the school rarin' to go with no teachers for the kids. Quite frankly, there just wasn't much fog in our neck of the woods. It never even crossed my mind to even think that there might be a fog delay. There were a few other families that did not get the word either. So, the kids that were there early spent their first two hours of the year watching a movie all about penguins. ;)

My baby girl is a big 7th grader this year!! So hard to believe. How is that possible?! I just HAVE to say it.......Time Flies!! People tell me all the time that as soon as I turn around they will be grown and gone. I know that is true and boy am I trying to savor this time I have with them at home! Mr. Jacob has entered the 3rd grade.......and he's excited about it! :) He is so FULL of life!! For the past three days his first words to me have been..."Mom, I had a good day! No name on the board today!" lol!! Keeping that name off the board is a big job for my boy. He has such a good and sweet heart, but quite often his energy and zest for life get the best of him. He never gets his name on the board for being mean-spirited or unkind. He does get his name on the board for things like...talking, being out of his seat, messing around in line, etc. You get the picture. He's ALL boy.....100%.

Last night during Wednesday night Bible study Jacob came to me in my class seriously distressed. Shyanne, a little girl in his class, had put her ring on his finger and he could not get it off. He was in a panic!! He had already attempted with his normal Jacob gusto to get the ring off himself. His attempts left him with a sore, red and slightly swollen finger. In an effort to calm him down I told him that we WILL get it off and even if we can't we can always cut it off. Oh my goodness, this brought on even bigger tears, worry and concern!! He thought I was saying that we could cut off his finger!! LOL!! Silly boy! With the help of a friend we were able to safely remove the ring with Jacob's finger intact! :)

Gotta go make sure lunches are packed, backpacks are ready and all shoes are accounted for to get us out the door in the morning.......I'll make sure to check for fog first though. ;)

Wendy

No comments: