Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Monday, September 15, 2008

Yet another embarrassing moment!

Ok, it's not the first time one of my children has embarrassed me and it will NOT be the last either. Just a little background first. Part of the reason I don't work outside the home is because I run a Mom's taxi service.......NOT complaining, just telling it like it is. Jacob, Gracie and Isaac go to a "school of choice" school. The school is only 6 miles from our house, but I drive them only two miles away to catch the school bus and I pick them up there in the afternoon as well. There's an extra trip to the bus stop right now in the middle of the day to pick up Isaac because he is only going to kindergarten half day right now.

Today, Heidi does not have school (fair day), but the rest of the kids do. So, Heidi is at the fair today with some friends. Much to her dismay she does not have a cell phone yet, so I gave her my phone today so that I can be in contact with her today. Heidi also has to work fair parking later today.....so, Mom's taxi service has to pick her up at 3. Because of her pick up, I change Gracie and Jacob's usual pick up from the bus stop to pick up at the school since it is on my way to Heidi's pick up. Got all that??! This change requires a note to the school stating that I will be there after school to get them and they are NOT to ride the bus home.

In the meantime Isaac does NOT get a note because I WILL be picking him up at the usual bus stop at his usual time! I stress to the kids before school this morning that I will be picking Gracie and Jacob up at school, but Isaac you ride the bus home as usual. I'm sure you can already see what is coming!

I'm sitting in the driveway of the Amish farm where we share a bus stop with two other "school of choice" families. At mid-day though I am all alone since Isaac is the only kindergartner. I see a car coming down the road, which is a pretty rare occurrence really........there is normally no traffic on this road! And then the car turns on its blinker like they are going to turn into the driveway where I am???? What?? I soon realize that the driver of the car is the principal of the school. Of course, now I am pretty concerned!!! She rolls down her window and I roll down mine....about that time I notice Isaac's head bobbing up and down happily in the back seat. Our principal is a nice lady.....just to give you an idea though.... she is an older single, fairly strict no nonsense lady!

She says: I'm not sure exactly how this happened, but here he is. Maybe you can get to the bottom of it? LOL! Something about you were going to pick him up??

She then said that they tried to call me on my cell phone, but could not get me. That's because Heidi has my phone at the fair today!

In the van
Me: What's going on bud? Why didn't you get on the bus?

Isaac: Moooom, Remember you told me that I was not supposed to ride the bus home today!

Me: No honey, I told you that you were supposed to ride the bus home as usual!!

Isaac: Well, that was FUN!!! Her car is really COOL and CLEAN!! Her car does not have one piece of trash!

Me: 'Gulp' Oh

Isaac: I told her that her car was SO COOL AND CLEAN and that our car is filled with TRASH.

Me: :-O You actually told her that??

Isaac: YESSIREE!!!

(Blushing, Blushing.......and more Blushing...)

I actually considered not posting this cause I don't want you all to think we are a bunch of pigs! We really aren't......even though I have been known to tell my boys that their room looks like a pig pen on occasion! I do make an attempt to keep the kid taxi clean.......but apparently it is "FILLED WITH TRASH"

I'll have to say though that it is not nearly as bad as my MOST embarrassing moment to date. When Jacob was 2 years old.......we were at church sitting in the last row of the main section. Behind us was a wide aisle and then another whole section of folks. We stood for the invitation song and I was holding Jacob. Unknown to me he reached behind me as I was holding him and unzipped my dress.......ALL the way down.......it was a dress that unzips to the waist.......exposing my entire bare back to the waist to the entire section behind me. I finally felt a draft and realized what was going on.....turned to my Mom who was next.

Ok, going to crawl underneath a rock for a bit now!

Wendy

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Oh, Wendy. That kind of thing can happen to the best of us~ and you are certainly one of the best! Your little mix-up did give me a good chuckle~ and I laughed out loud about the dress! One of my kids undid my front buttons once, but thankfully I caught it before we stood for the closing song!

HollyMarie said...

This is funny Wendy! Thank you for being brave enough to share and bring a smile to my face. My husband always is complaining that I don't keep the van clean enough... but I should tell him JUST WAIT until we are carting kids around all the time. ;)

Oh... and my little sister Jenna did the zipper dress thing to ME at my brother's wedding this past May, while we were outside ready with cameras for the couple to make their exit. LOL!