Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Monday, September 15, 2008

Rain & Dumplins

That's our weekend in a nutshell....rain & dumplins...LOL!! LOTS of rain! We had plans for some outside projects that were a no go because of the rain this weekend. One of the things on the docket was taking down the pool. We began draining it on Friday and are still trying to get it drained on Monday. That's what happens when the rain just keeps a fallin' to the tune of 10 inches. We also ended up with water in our house....mine and Tom's bedroom specifically. Working on drying that out today.

So, we enjoyed our time together inside for most of the weekend. On Saturday we made a big pot of chicken and dumplins. I haven't made chicken and dumps for a pretty long time. I let the kids help and they really enjoyed it! In fact, Gracie has decided that we should have dumplings every Saturday. ;) We made such a big pot that we ate them after church yesterday too.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

OH YOU'RE MEAN!

Tell Heidi, I use 2 forks to pull the chic - lol

I'll be RIGHT down if you've got any left!

homemade chic noodle soup here tonight...no dumplins...sad!

Anonymous said...

That looks delish!! You need to share your recipe. I've been looking for a good one.