Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Vision


"We are limited, not by our abilities, but by our vision"
I read this quote recently and it popped into my head the other day while watching my Gracie girl in action. She had a vision. She did not allow her limited abilities to steal that vision. She pressed on.
Gracie brought a board to her Daddy and asked him if he could help her find another nine inch board. First of all, Tom was impressed because we did not realize that our girl was able to read a tape measure so well. A nine inch board was exactly what she needed for what she had in mind! So it started with a vision and a board. The pictures will tell the rest of the story.



My prayer for Gracie is that she will never lose her vision. That her vision for her life will always be clear and that she will not allow her limited abilities to limit her vision! ALL things are possible with God!
My thoughts are also turning to my vision. Is God trying to tell me something right now? Am I in any way, shape or form allowing my limited abilities to stand in the way of my vision?...to stand in the way of the vision that the Lord has for my life? Thank you Lord for once again speaking to me through my children!
Love,
Wendy



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Gracie, I love your bird house! :) You and your little brother did a GREAT job on your project!! Keep up the good work!

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a great job! I am so impressed with her ambition.

Wendy said...

WOW! Gracie, YOU are VERY gifted!

Wendy - praying today...that God will continue to bring vision to your family..

YOU are very insightful!!!!

choking up in the N here!

HollyMarie said...

This is precious! I love the analogy too.