Last night Tom, Jacob, Gracie and Isaac went fishing while Heidi and I stayed home and studied algrebra. Hmmmmm? Something doesn't sound right about that. LOL!! They were gone for about an hour when Isaac burst through the door, "Mama, Mama, Mama I caught the BIG KAHUNA!!!!!!!" LOL!! Apparently he DID have the big Kahuna on his line, but he got away! Typical fish story huh?! ;) Last year we bought Isaac and Gracie those little kiddie fishing rods. This fish was so big that Isaac's little reel could not handle it. It would not reel him in. They got him in close enough to where they could see him in the water. If I was looking at you face to face I would show you with my hands how big he was........and I'm sure my description of him would be just a tad bit bigger than he was last night when Tom told me the story. LOL!!! But, he was BIG!!!!!! He ended up breaking the fishing line and getting away. Shucks!!! The fact that he got away did not seem to lessen Isaac's joy of getting "The Big Kahuna" one little bit! :)
Cracks me up how he was referring to the fish as "the big kahuna". Last year while we were up north fishing Jacob accidentally cast right into a man who was quite a distance away. YIKES!!! Luckily they were a very sweet couple and his wife said, "You got em, you got em, you got the big kahuna" LOL!!! This was nearly a year ago and Isaac remembered it! He comes up with so many funny and cute things at the perfect time! Ha Ha Ha!!
Love,
Wendy
2 comments:
I just love reading about your family and seeing your precious kiddos, Wendy. I'm so happy that Isaac is doing so well now and is feeling all better! What a blessing~
Cute story; sounds like a fun adventure!
Post a Comment