Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Friday, May 23, 2008

Maria Chapman


My heart has been so very heavy the past few days after learning of the tragic news of the Chapman family. Maria, the youngest daughter of Christian Musician/Artist Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife Mary Beth was killed on Wednesday evening when she was struck by a vehicle driven by her teenage brother in the driveway of their home. My mind and heart just can't fathom the pain this family is suffering....the loss of a daughter, the extreme guilt of a son. Just HORRIBLE!! Please say a prayer for this family. Pray that they will feel overwhelming comfort that only our Lord can provide!!!
The Chapman's are big adoption advocates. Their three youngest children (including Maria) were adopted from China and they are the founders of the organization called Shaohannah's Hope.
The song in the post above was written by Steven Curtis Chapman last year. It's been my favorite song since I discovered it......ask my kids. ;) It was a tear jerker for me before, but it's REALLY hard to listen to now.
Prayers are the BEST thing we can do for this family now!
Love,
Wendy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! :(
I love this song ... and how fitting the words are now. WHat unimaginable pain they must be going through. I am praying for them.

Anonymous said...

My heart is broken for this dear family, Wendy. Praying..

Wendy said...

Me too, Wendy....I've been so melancholy and overwhelmed! I rememember years ago being a new Christian and his music REALLY was a vital tool in Christ's ministry to me! And to have "walked" with them for years...and to share their passion for adoption...

Me too...I just had to say..me too even now..Sat night...

The Byrd's Nest said...

I know what you mean....my heart is still so heavy. Prayer is what they need.

Heidi said...

This is just so sad Wendy, my heart just weeps for them. But I know that God will be with them and with that young man, what a burden to carry. Heidi