
Meet our newest family member ...Cooper...Coop or Coopie! :) Also known as "Super Cooper" or "Cooper the Poocher" ;) ..........Jacob wants to refer to him as "Cooper the Pooper" but that is NOT allowed! LOL!!


What an AWESOME Mother's Day/Anniversary I had today. :) :) Yes, today is our 23rd wedding anniversary as well as Mother's Day. We celebrated in grand fashion this weekend. Tom and I have had this planned for a few weeks. Heidi REEEEALLY wanted a lab pup. We talked a bit about a smaller dog like a cocker spaniel, but Heidi just couldn't get excited about that. So, we just kind of stopped having discussions about a new dog for a bit....well, we stopped conversing with Heidi, but Tom and I kept talking. ;) This was a total surprise to the kids and it was SOOOOOOOO much fun for Tom and I!!! :) We got Cooper from a breeder a good distance from our home. We told the kids that we were going away for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary as a family. We had lots of fun on Saturday on our little road trip.......the favorite part for the kids of course was the pool at the hotel. :) So, today we told the kids that we were going to go out to a farm that we thought they would really love. It was a nice drive out there......beautiful scenery....way back in the hills. When we arrived to the farm Heidi started asking "What are we here for" because it did not have the touristy look (petting zoo type look) that she was expecting and no one else was there. lol! We just said "come on this will be fun" We walked up to the door and there was a crate on the front porch with three yellow lab pups........so cute! It took a bit for the lady to come to the door. While we were waiting the kids were playing with the pups through the crate. Heidi said later that she just thought they were there for looks because they are so cute! :) When the lady finally came out to meet us she started to open the door to the crate and said "Well, here are the pups" Tom had the video camera running and told Heidi "This is why we are here.......we came to bring home a new puppy" The look on her face was PRICELESS!!!! It will forever be etched in my head.......priceless!!! And she said "Are you serious?" Jacob started jumping up and down. It took a bit for it to register with Gracie and Isaac that we were taking Cooper home, but when they did .....oh the JOY!!! This has to rank up as one of the best if not THE best Mother's Day gifts ever.........surprising my kids with a puppy! What a THRILL!!! :)
Oh, also wanted to mention that our Cooper is already a star. He was featured in a photo shoot done promoting the film "Marley and Me" that will be coming out sometime this summer. Cool! :)

5 comments:
This puppy is huge! And a celebrity? I LOVE the way you surprised the kids!
I don't know why, but I found myself getting all teary-eyed about your trip to get Cooper! It sounds like a mother's Day and anniversary to remember forever! What a cute puppy and how special that you were able to surprise the kids like you did. :D I didn't realize that Marley and Me was goign to be a film; I still have to read the book!
LOVED ALL THE DETAILS!
tho I'm sooo surprised, no one calls him
Cooper Pooper! LOLOLOL
I was so anticipating THAT!
BEAUTIFUL STORY!! WONDERFUL PICS!
Wendy,
This brought such happy tears to my eyes this morning! Enjoy your newest family member, and the memories that you created for your family this weekend! Cooper is absolutely adorable, and I know he will be incredibly loved!
Kristen
A new baby in the family!!!:) Congratulations on your newest addition, Cooper. What a wonderful Mother's Day for your whole family!!
Post a Comment