Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Monday, October 29, 2007

"Star Patient"

Am I a CRAZY woman or what?? Gracie, Isaac and I just got back from the dentist. Yes, I let them talk me into scheduling all three of us back to back with the same hygienist to get our teeth cleaned. :-O It was an adventure....in a good way I think. ;) I went first and Gracie talked Reagan's (the hygienist) ear off.

"I'm Gracie. I go to school. Mama just picked me up from school. What is that for? Why does Mama have to wear those glasses? I ate little cheese gold fish for snack today. They were YUMMY! My brother didn't get goldfish for snack because he doesn't go to school yet...he's only four. What are you doing to my Mom? Are you hurting her? I like those birds outside. They are pretty. one, two, three, four...there are four birds sitting on that. What is that Mama? Why can't Mama talk to me? What are those birds eating? Guess what I'm gonna be for Halloween? It starts with an "s". It's out in the garden, but it's not a snake. I don't like snakes! It stands up and has straw coming out. Yep, a scarecrow! I get to go around the gym with my costume and get candy, but Isaac doesn't because he is only four and doesn't go to school yet. He will be a pumpkin and he will get candy when we go Trick-or-Treating. I can read now. Do you want to here me read? Go, Go, They go to the store. Go, Go. They go to school. Go, Go. They go on the swings. Go, Go, Go, Go, Go. Was that good? Wow! look at all the leaves outside. There are so many leaves they look like snow! Look Mama. Look Reagan! Ewwwwww? Is that blood?! Are you hurting my Mama? Are you ok Mama? I have to do my homework when I get home. This is my homework. A-a Apple a (a sound), B-b balloon b(b sounds)....etc. etc. she went until h. What is that? why are you putting that in Mama's mouth? What is that noise? I went on a boat when I went on vacation. It was a loooooooooong trip. There were no sharks in the water because it was not the ocean and there are only sharks in the ocean. I wore a different swim suit when we went on vacation not my swimming suit that I wear in the pool at home. It was green and there was a circle around my neck. I know how to spell my name G-R-A-C-I-E, and Isaac's name I-S-A-A-C , and Heidi's name H-E-I-D-I, and Jacob's name J-A-C-O-B and Daddy's name D-A-D-D-Y or T-O-M, and Mama's name M-O-M-M-Y or W-E-N-D-Y. How do you spell your name. Ok, I know how to spell your name R-E-A-G-A-N! What is that? It doesn't look like a picture of my Mama's teeth (with wrinkled nose). My Mom's teeth look pretty those teeth in that picture don't look pretty! Your name is Dr. Joe? No, I'm not shy!!......"..........LOL!!!

Whew! And believe me that is just the tip of the iceberg! We have one very smart, outgoing and talkative little girl on our hands. She really is quite entertaining! :) We finally made it through all three cleanings and Reagan said that she was so glad that we came in today because we made her day! :) Dr. Joe commented that he heard quite a bit of chattering coming from our room...lol! And the receptionist told Gracie when we got back out to the front that she heard she is one smart little girl! ;) So, the kids headed to the prize box while I scheduled appointments for the next cleaning. Good thing I have six months to recover and prepare! Ha! Gracie came out with her two prizes, one of which was a sticker. Gracie asked what the sticker said. And then she said,

"Star Patient?? Why does a star need patience? Because of the moon? " :) :) :)

Being a Mom is so much FUN! :)

Wendy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy!!
I just love that Gracie!!! :)
I was laughing so hard that I had tears! Anna is a minnie Gracie I believe. TALK, TALK TALK....

Wish we lived by each other!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Gracie is so funny. I can totally picture her saying every word of that. LOL
Terrie

HollyMarie said...

Honestly that is the funniest thing! You gave me some chuckles today; thank you! I love her question about why a star needs patience! :D lol.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my...she puts a new spin on the term "Chatty Cathy". My mom said I was always like that and I still am! I will talk to anyone...anywhere. It annoys Elisabeth that I will talk to people I don't know in line at Walmart! You go Gracie! Chat away!!!