I was reminded of this story today. It happened way before I started this blog. So, I wanted to preserve it here before it gets lost or jumbled in my mind somewhere. I shared the story on one of my adoption forums and will just copy it as I told it there. Jacob was 7 years old at the time, in 2nd grade.
Friday Oct. 21, 2005 2:44 pm
There was a conversation here last week about being on the principal's speed dial. I think I mentioned my Jacob when this came up. ;) Anyway, speaking of the principal's speed dial, I received a voicemail from the principal at Jacob's school this afternoon. The message went something like this.
"Mrs. C.., this is Mr. Miller. I just wanted you to be aware that Jacob is bringing little critters to school occasionally. Last week he had a couple of live moths in his back pack......and today he had a frog in his pocket. I had a chat with Jacob and told him that these critters should only come to school with proper supervision and if he brings anymore little friends along without supervision, there will be consequences. Just wanted to let you know. "
I had to chuckle when I heard this! :) I am now trying to figure out where he got a frog this morning at 7:30 in the dark when he walked straight from the door to the van. I'm thinking that we may have had an extra sleeper in the house last night. ;)
You gotta love these little guys!!....SOOOOO much fun!!!
Saturday Oct. 29, 2005 9:21 am
Thought I'd give a little update to the "frog episode". When I went to pick the kids up that day Heidi came to the van and said, "Mr. Miller would like to talk to you" So, I get to the office and on the principal's desk sits Jacob's frog in a bug box. Mr Miller proceeds to tell me that Jacob's frog went undetected all morning!! As the kids were heading for lunch recess Jacob stopped to talk to Mr. Miller. As Jacob was talking the frog leapt out of the top pocket of his coat.......gave the secretary the scare of her life! So, it was the frog's fault. If he would have stayed put none of this would have happened.....at least that's what Jacob says! lol! It was at this time that Mr. Miller confiscated Jacob's frog and had his little chat with Jacob. The frog was actually pretty neat. I found out the the frog did not spend the night in the house the night before. It was one of those frogs with the suction feet. He lives (or did live) in our front flower bed and would climb up our front window a lot. That morning he was climbing the window when Jacob snagged him on the way out the door. With loud protests from Jacob, we returned the frog to the flower bed that afternoon. We haven't seen him climbing the glass again since.......can't blame him! So, now you know the rest of the story! :)
2 comments:
I love LOVE LOVE little boys!!!!
Thanks for the laugh.
:)
Lisa Z.
That is the cutest story, little boys are so funny the way they mother little critters! Must be an interesting job to be a principal of an elementary school!! Hugs-Kimberley
Post a Comment