Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Beautiful Boy!

I'm sure that Jacob would not appreciate me calling him "beautiful", but he IS and always will be my beautiful boy! In the movie "Mr. Holland's Opus" the father sings a song to his son,who is deaf. He sings and signs the song. The main words to the song are, "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful BOY" LOVE that part of the movie! Need to rent that again! :) Anyway, I took this photo of MY beautiful boy yesterday. I just love this photo.

Jacob had a bit of a rough week at school last week. Nothing really major, just Jacob stuff. Things like, "All of the kids were sitting quietly at their desks doing their work when Jacob just got up out of his chair and began doing stretching exercises" lol.....ok! I just have to laugh (to myself of course!...not to Jacob) because well, I must laugh to keep my sanity! Once again rushing through his work to just get it done, not overly concerned if it is correct or not. So, I sent him to school on Monday with a little card to tape to his desk. It says, "Remember: THINK, PAY ATTENTION, SMILE We are proud of you!" It's worth a try huh?! ;) They have a system in his classroom where you are given $10 (play money) at the beginning of the day. You can lose money for misbehavior throughout the day. If you make it to the end of the day with all of your money you get a prize. I'm proud to say that so far this week Jacob has finished each school day with all of his money!! GO JACOB!! I'm so proud of my boy because I know it is a big effort for him. It's so hard to keep that hiney in that chair.......soooo hard!

They are beginning to learn the concepts of book reports in Jacob's class. They are reading books and then have forms they have to fill out with info about the book that they read.....Title, Author, Fiction or Non-fiction, #of pages, etc. The last question is to tell about the book in your own words. Well, Jacob brought home a "book report" today. The title of the book was "Abraham Lincoln". For the last question where he was to tell about the book in his own words he wrote, "Well, he got shot in the head. He was a good President" I guess that about summed it up. He obviously did read the book. ;)

No comments: