Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Friday, June 25, 2010

A reminder...God is in control


Salt Lake City holds lots of memories for us. My mind has been sailing back a lot to the day I became a mother. Heidi made me a mother for the very first time 16 1/2 years ago now, here in this place. So much has happened since that day, but that time and the day her birthmother placed her in my arms is extremely vivid and clear in my mind. It seems so recent in many ways.

Here is a picture of the building that used to house the adoption agency we used to adopt Heidi. It appears to be a private residence now. This was the place we visited so often in eager anticipation of our future child. We went here with such high hopes. We had prayed for years for a child....years! Would this be the place that God would finally bless Tom and I with a child? Could it possibly be? His answer a resounding YES!!

My thoughts go back to the call telling us that we were matched with Heidi's birthmother. The call that we had a healthy baby GIRL. Our trip to the hospital meeting Heidi for the very first time. Holding her for the first time. Sitting in the upper floor of the building shown above the day after Heidi was born..... waiting...waiting...waiting. And then Heidi's birthmother placing Heidi in my arms. SOOOO much love surrounding this wee little life.

 I used to cry out to God, "WHY...why aren't you blessing Tom and I with a child??" I now know why.....because he had a plan for me.   He had a plan for Tom. He had a plan for Heidi. He had a plan for Jacob. He had a plan for Gracie. He had a plan for Isaac.

"For I know the plans I have for you , declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" ~Jeremiah 29:11~

He has made that fact so loud and clear to me through the adoptions of our children. He has knocked my socks off with the blessings of my children. Just WOW!!!

I really needed this trip. Life can just start going crazy sometimes ya know? It goes so fast at times that you don't know which way is up. This trip has given me time to just be still and think and ponder. Coming back here to this place.....the place where God made his plan so perfectly clear and obvious to us by blessing us with a beautiful baby girl after years of waiting......has been a great reminder to me. A reminder that in all aspects of my life he is saying:

WENDY, I have a plan for you! Don't worry. I'm in control. I'll take care of things in my perfect timing.

I needed that reminder in some areas of my life right now. How soon we forget!!! Heeellllooooo! I'm slow I guess. lol! He brought me back here to remind me once again that

HE IS IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Wendy

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Thanks Wendy, I needed this reminder and it was beautiful coming from you. :) I'm so glad that God is in control!

Wendy said...

needed that reminder myself!

REALLY enjoyed seeing into your hearts!

THANKS!!