Jacob, Gracie and Isaac's school make the last day of school a huge shin dig. It begins with an awards assembly, then moves onto field day and ends with a grand potluck. And, believe me when I say grand I mean GRAND! The school is about 50% amish, which means LOTS of delicious food to share at potluck!
Isaac received the citizenship award for the first grade class. He received this because of his huge heart, compassion for others and his "willingness to go the extra mile without complaint"....teachers words. :) Extremely proud of my boy!
Miss Gracie received an award for "Study Island". Study Island is a computer based program. Gracie received and award for acing both Math and Language Arts in Study Island. The teacher said this was the first time she has ever given both awards to the same student. Go Gracie!! :)
Unfortunately, the field day portion of the day was rained out. :( So, the teachers had to come up with some indoor activities for the kids for an hour and a half on the last day of school. All I can say about the teachers is...bless their hearts! What a job!! ha! Here's a few photos of that time. Miss Gracie seeing how long she could keep two balloons in the air. Not too bad....25 seconds. ;)
Mrs. S. had her hands full with these sixth grade boys during "field day"...lol! Two of them have their desks open to avoid my camera! Ha! ;)
Jacob and his very good friend, Brett.....two peas in a pad. They are soooo much alike! Neither one of them is enjoying the fact that they are not outside running as scheduled. ;)
After school the rain clears and we were able to play our three ball games that evening. Yup, we had three that evening. Gracie and Isaac had a game and Jacob a double header. Let me tell ya, that is LOTS of baseball for one evening. :)
Love, Wendy
2 comments:
*love* it all! Got my C-family fix!
jiggity jig!
LOL - the sixth grade boys, that's all I'll say ;)
COOL Gracie on the balloons! Great shot, momma!
ADORABLE little leaguers!
TOTALLY diggin the young man battin with determination and style!
GREAT JOB Gracie and Isaac w/ your awards and hard work and dedication!!
Heidi - young lady, you're a Junior in High School. I'm speechless! that's a good thing...but bittersweet! But really, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but speechless.......
I love the ball pics! Crazy that the school year is over, isn't it? We are still marveling up here too.
Post a Comment