Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Move Over Elvis!

Yesterday afternoon, while his siblings were all away at school, Isaac decided to spiff up himself on his own. He got into Jacob's hair sticky uppy stuff (no clue what it's called....lol!) and created a do for himself that would put Elvis's hair to shame! It's hard to tell from this photo, but his hair is STIFF.....I'm tellin' ya ,it aint goin' no where!!! I discovered him in the bathroom and of course had to do what a mother must do in this situation......"Oh my goodness! What did you do?? Why? How? When? Where? This is not your sticky up stuff, it belongs to Jacob......blah..blah..blah" I left the scene and heard Isaac whisper "I'm a COOL DUDE" I turned and he had himself heisted up on the counter and was gazing in the mirror at his reflection with thumbs up. LOL!

This prompted an unplanned bath after dinner with THREE hair washings. It's STILL stiff! I sure hope we can make some better headway before school pictures on Monday!


Only one more week and the house will be totally quiet in the afternoons. :( What WILL I do?? Last night Isaac fell asleep on the way to church. There was no waking him up.......NO waking him up! We put him on the couch in the little office area with my coat over him. And, the boy slept on.......and on........and on. He slept through the singing, he slept through the praying, he slept through the class and the crafts, he slept through the birthday celebrations and the cake, he slept through the trip home. We put him into bed and he slept through the night. Now that is one tired boy! I don't know what HE will do when all day school begins for him! Yikes! One thing I do know for certain though..........He is one COOL DUDE! :)

Love,
Wendy

7 comments:

My Blessings From Above said...

He is very cool!!!!
Kaden loves to use my spray hair gel and does his hair twice a day. In the morning and at night. It is a ritual now. The boy looks like a cupie doll!

Anonymous said...

Don't mess with his blue suede shoes. Ha
Aunt Terrie

Anonymous said...

I don't think scissors can break this mohawk...

Wendy said...

Hubba Hubba, Isaac!! I'm itchin like a monkey on a fuzzy tree! You are groovey!

lol about the hair - did that once too last spring - that gell that really holds for cool do's is well....took us about 3 washings..I spaced them out a few hrs :-) HAPPY SCRUBS!

what to do.....cry....and then when you've adjusted, you just might find a stretch of 30 min to "just be"

Love ya and praying for EVERYONE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

birthday smooches to my sweet friend!

Melissa said...

What a fun picture!

How great that they transition into a full-day kindergarten. Sounds like a good idea to me!

HollyMarie said...

He is stylin'!!! :D

Wendy said...

REQUIRING A

"how I felt loved on my birthday"

post!

:-)

smooches!