It has taken me a few days to wrap my brain around this to be able to post it here. We have known for several months now that the company that Tom works for is in a financial crisis. There was talk of perhaps shutting down totally. Tom is the production manager of a high end custom cabinet shop. Folks just aren't spending money on this type of thing in this economy. A few weeks ago we were very relieved when they had a big meeting and announced that some big changes would have to be made, but the company was going to attempt to stay afloat. Whew! Well, this past Wednesday we were blind-sided by the fact that one of the big changes spoken of two weeks ago was the elimination of Tom's job. The upper management came into Tom's office at 2pm and told him the news, handed him two weeks of severance pay and one week vacation pay and told him that he did not have to come back to work tomorrow (Thursday). WOW!!! Tom is an extremely hard working excellent employee!! They just can't afford to continue to pay him his salary.
So, here we are. Never thought we would be in a position like this. I am very comforted by a statement made by a friend though. She said that we may have been blind-sided, but God was not blind-sided! He knew this was going to happen before it happened. That gives me comfort. He continues to be in control!!! We will get through this and we will likely do some of our most robust spiritual growing during this time. It seems to work like that. Thanks to the prayers of our family and friends, after a few extremely anxious days Tom and I are both feeling surprisingly calm at this point. We MUST do what we can and just put it in God's extremely capable hands.
We would REALLY like to stay in this area, but replacing Tom's salary here may prove difficult. This is home and our kids are very settled in schools that we are happy with. The one thought that continues to leave me feeling nauseous is the thought of uprooting Heidi at this point in her life. We will do what we have to and God will see her through I know, but I just hate the thought of that. At this point we are focusing on government jobs.
Please pray for our family as we continue to get through this phase in our lives one day at a time. Pray for us to focus on the many blessings that we are surrounded by. Pray that we keep our focus on our Heavenly Father. Pray that we are able to learn the lessons that God intends for us to learn from this experience. Pray that Tom and I are able to parent our children in a way that they will learn the lessons that they need to learn from this experience. Pray that God will lead Tom to the job that He intends for him. Pray that Tom and I can cast all our worries on Him.
Thanks!
Love,
Wendy
6 comments:
We are praying for you and Tom, dear sister!
Dear Wendy,
Your family is most certainly in my prayers. What a difficult time for you, and I am sorry that you have to go through this. Stay focused on God and know that He has this all in His plan for your family. Praying Tom is able to find another job quickly and that you will be able to stay in that area. Thanks for allowing us to pray for you!
Love,
Kristen
Oh Wendy....I am so sorry. I will be praying that he finds something else very quickly. I know God must have a plan for you and your family my dear friend.
Wendy,
I'm so sorry that you and Tom are going thru a loss of work. I pray that you will find work soon and that you will be able to stayed settled where you are. (Or closer to me!!!:)
Take care!
Oh Wendy, you can be sure I will be praying for you and your family. My husband and I know some of your anxieties as we have been given word too that Ben most likely will need to find another job within the next couple months. We are also scared about uprooting Bereket right now. So know my heart is with you as you figure out with God's help what to do next. You're right, God is not surprised.
Love you Wendy ... and you KNOW I am praying. :)
Terrie
Post a Comment