Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hog Heaven!

Well, Jacob has been begging Tom to drive the tractor for a couple of years now. For the past few years Jacob has been allowed to drive while Dad is on the mower with him......that is until today! Oh my goodness was that boy excited to drive that tractor all on his own! Obviously we have no grass to mow yet, but just driving that tractor around the yard all by his lonesome........well let's just say, the boy was in HOG HEAVEN! :)

The cows continue to covet Jacob's attention. I took a few more pictures of them today. Don't understand why they haven't taken these last two cows to their new homes yet. Makes me sad for them. They really are lonely. I'm just a sentimental ole fool lately huh?! What's new! ;)

The weather was absolutely beautiful today.....just perfect! We all enjoyed it soooo much! We even grilled hamburgers on the grill for supper tonight. Jacob, Gracie and Isaac romped outside all day. I think all three of them were sound asleep before we ever left their bedrooms after tucking them in. ;) Heidi spent the day in Portage at a church youth rally today.

With the nicer weather we have begun dragging the limbs we lost in the ice storm back to the burn pile. Tom suggested that we would have to cut up the larger limbs before moving them. He suggested this exactly once and only once before Jacob got to work on that pronto! He impressed me with his cutting skills. :) What a good and fun way for my boy to work off some of that excess energy!

Here's a picture that Tom snapped of Gracie today while she was out enjoying the beautiful sunshine! These are her new shades that she received at kindergarten round up last week. Yes, I said kindergarten, but shhhhhh!! I'm not talking about that yet! I still have a few months to get used to that idea. Let me get over Isaac turning four first! ;)

Love,

Wendy

No comments: