So yesterday Isaac and I had a conversation that went like this:
Mom: Isaac BE CAREFUL!!
Isaac: Don't worry Mom! If I get hurt I'll come runnin' to you!
HaHaHa!! I got a kick out of this. How do ya like that spin for that phrase? Isaac is so quick witted! Normally the person suggesting caution...in this case ME...would say..."BE CAREFUL. And, if ya get hurt don't come runnin' to me!" In other words...I warned you!! If ya get hurt it's your own fault and don't come running back to me because I told you so!!
I posted this on facebook and someone pointed out to me that Isaac's scenario is what God wants from us. God has laid out for us the road map. He gives us warnings in certain situations..... BE CAREFUL!!! But, if we mess up from time to time and get hurt he WANTS us to run straight back to him! He is waiting for us with open arms! I'm so thankful he is so loving and patient with me! I'm so thankful that he is waiting for me to run back to him when I mess up and not shaking his finger at me saying "I warned you! Don't come runnin' back to me!" I like Isaac's spin. It's accurate. It's comforting isn't it? I'm doing my best, but I know I have a soft place to fall when I mess up and get hurt. God is unchanging. He is solid. He is there always and forever.
Love, Wendy
2 comments:
This truth is security, isn't it, Wendy? God is always there for us, even when we leave him.
I REALLY enjoyed reading this! It is a comforting truth.
Terrie :)
Post a Comment