Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A Zipa-Dee Nugget

As I attempt to incorporate "EASE" into my life this year I will be sharing some of the little moments in life that sometimes get overlooked. It's these little moments of the simplest of things that make life so enjoyable and bring so much pleasure. The times when we just sit back and BE. The times when we live in the present and just savor the moment....because we can.....because we are. Quite often these moments come unexpectedly......a surprise gift from God....a nugget for the taking if we choose to and are willing to simply accept the gift and be still and enjoy! If we do choose to take the nugget of time it often gives us a sense of calm. And perhaps if we take these nuggets often enough they will give us an overall feeling of EASE in our life.  I will call these moments of time Zipa-Dee Nuggets.
I have about 1 1/2 hours after work to come home, get lunch and get a few things done before it's time to go get the kids at the bus stop. We had some very warm days last week and even some rain, which took away all the snow that we had on the ground. We've been without snow for several days now. As I walked out of the school building this afternoon I noticed a few snow flurries dancing around. It became steadier and steadier over the next hour or so. It was quiet in the house and I just sat and enjoyed the calm as the snow softly drifted to the ground quickly making a world of white. I'm not sure the ducks were enjoying it as much as I, but they sure were bringing a smile to my face as well!

A Zipa-Dee Nugget!
Wendy

2 comments:

Wendy said...

two thumbs up!

HollyMarie said...

Believe it or not, even waaaay up north we had the rain that took away most of our snow. Nothing like the snow melting to see that your dog has been doing his duty where he is NOT supposed to, lol! The fresh snow that fell recently was so beautiful and once again our back yard looks like a postcard. Love it!