Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Saturday, August 16, 2008

PEACHES!

Today has been all about peaches! Yesterday Tom brought home a whole bushel of peaches for "A" peach pie! I've been harassing him about that since he brought them home...had to get in one last jab here and I promise to leave him alone from now on. Do you believe that? ;) lol! A bushel of peaches is a BUNCH of peaches..........to be exact, according to the Internet it is 50 pounds of peaches. As one of my online buddies said, "that's one BIG pie"! I told you I'd stop harassing Tom...Hee Hee! :)I made one pie last night and Heidi made one today. Mmmmmmmm! I also canned two batches of peaches....about 14 pints (I think they are pint jars??). We had peaches for supper tonight too. I think I have them under control to where we can eat the rest of them before they spoil.

Jacob, Gracie and Isaac are off to Grandma's for the weekend. Heidi had corn detassaling and volleyball practice, so she was unable to go. She took Tom and I out for dinner last night........such a sweetheart! It's been nice to spend some time with just the three of us. That doesn't happen very often at all! We will go get the kids tomorrow after church. I told Gracie about the peaches on the phone tonight and she was VERY excited. The girl loves peaches.......she takes that after her Neena I guess. :) Wish you were here to enjoy them Mom!!!


5 comments:

Wendy said...

WAY TO GO GIRLS!!

SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFF

AAAAAAAAH! SMELLS GOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Mmmmmm peaches...you guys will be stoked all winter for peaches
:-)

Way to go Tom!

Melissa said...

Those peaches look great! And how sweet of Heidi to take you guys out for supper!

Anonymous said...

peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
chesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...
so tasty!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yum! Great job on the pies! I bet it was so nice to spend time alone with Ms. Heidi.

Gracie IS a lover of peaches and watermelon!!!

Terrie said...

Yummy!
Ok -- I'm making a peach pie tonight! :0)