Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Cotton Candy, Smiling Faces, Merry-Go-Round....

......Elephant Ears, Laughter, Balloons. I think you all know by now that I am talking about a county fair. Heidi and I manned our church booth at the county fair last night. We go to church in a different county than which we live so it is not "our" county fair. Our fair will be here in September and that is when we will go and experience the fair to its fullest........rides, animals..the works! It was an eventful night last night. My list of descriptive words for last night would have to extend to include...Missing Children and Paramedics. Yikes! All is well though!

The booth across from our booth was the bowling booth. In that booth was a family from our church. 4 year old Jaeden came over and got a green balloon from our booth. I wrapped it around his wrist. He walked back across to the bowling booth and then vanished. :( He was gone for a good half hour. The police were involved in looking for Jaeden. Isaac got away from me at the mall play area one time. He was just crouched down behind a play structure. The panic that fills a mother when a child is missing for just 30 seconds in a situation like that is just....well indescribable! I can only imagine what Jaeden's Mama was going through last night! :( But, all is well........they found the little stinker at the kiddie rides. He wanted to go on a ride and was attempting to do just that. Btw, his Mama is due to have a baby next week. Poor lady! Jaeden did NOT venture far at all for the rest of the evening!

Later a lady who looked to be a cancer patient came to our booth telling me that she felt very weak and could absolutely not make it back to her car. I got a hold of the fair office and she stayed in our booth until the paramedics came. I think she was just tuckered out from the heat and walking.

Heidi and I passed out a bunch of balloons and signed up about 15 people for Bible correspondence courses. Praying that the word of God will touch the hearts of those in our community. As I watched the many folks come through the booth and walk by the booth I thought about how different they all were.....each so uniquely made. I thought about how much the Lord loves each one of them....each one of us! How much He desires and wants each and every one of them to understand how much He loves them!! He wants to have a relationship with ALL of us!! The Lord wants us to get the good news out and He will take care of the harvest......perhaps what we do today will have an affect on someones life years down the road. Praying today that Christ can shine through me to those around me. It's amazing to think how even the smallest things we do......kind words, a smile ...can have a positive affect on someones day. I met another little guy named Isaac last night. He was not even a year old yet.......oh the JOY that sweet Isaac received from the balloon that I gave him. His smile and laughter most definitely had a positive affect on my life yesterday. :)

Tonight it is Tom and Jacob's turn to man the booth. Jacob is looking forward to elephant ears, cotton candy and fish -n-chips! The boy is going to have to pick just one! ;)

Love,
Wendy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah man! The fair sounds really fun!
Cotton candy... my favorite!!!!!
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
-Kylie :^)

Anonymous said...

Fun fun FUN!!!!!!!!!
Terrie

Wendy said...

WAAAAAAAAY COOL OPPORTUNITY FOR CHRIST!!!!!

and HOW FUN!

sorry about the scares!

and HOW did you know to post a field of sunflowers?

ONE OF MY FAV ALL-TIME VISIONS!!!