Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Graduation Time!

Last night Heidi graduated from the 8th grade. The school district the kids attend now is K-8....and 40% Amish. So, they celebrate 8th grade graduation in big fashion because the Amish only go to school through the 8th grade. So, this is it for all of those kids. The ceremony was so nice and well done! They had it at our local Community College. Following the ceremony they had a reception with cake, punch and a room full of projects, school work, artwork, pictures etc of the past year. It was GREAT! Our family enjoyed it very much.

Grandma and Grandpa Dick came for the celebration. They treated us all to pizza before the graduation. Gramps and Neena were unable to be here, but had some beautiful flowers waiting for Heidi after school yesterday. Those flowers really brightened Heidi's already very bright day. :) Heidi was surprised to see her good friend Linda at the ceremony. Linda is a friend from the Christitan school that Heidi attended for 4th through 7th grades. Linda will be attending the same high school as Heidi next year.

We are so very proud of our girl. Growing up can be difficult at times.....especially in this day and age (and I know that every generation says this!)....but,with God's help Heidi (and her parents ;) ) are working through the struggles and she is blossoming into a beautiful girl both inside and out. Next year...high school!! Wow! A whole new set of joys and struggles! Ready or not, here we come! lol! I think she's ready.......I hope she is........she IS......positive thinking here! What is that saying? Something like "having a child is like watching your heart walk around outside your body" So true! I always try to remember that our loving heavenly Father loves Heidi even more than I do.....Wow! Hard to put my human mind around that one sometimes. So, of COURSE he is always watching over her and taking care of her. I'm building my faith!!! We love you Heidi and are so extremely proud of you! Soar on girl.....Soar!! :)

Heidi and Samantha

Heidi and KatieHeidi and Linda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Congratulations! You are truly a beautiful young woman.:)

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

HEIDI, SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

Your beauty only begins at what we see in the photos :-)

HollyMarie said...

Congratulations Heidi!! Wow, on to High School next year! :D High School is a lot of fun... I have very fond memories of High School!

Mike and Kristen said...

Congratualations, Heidi! I know your parents are incredibly proud of you! Enjoy this next big phase of your life...it's going to be fun!!

Love,
Kristen