We have an outside kennel that we used for Millie when she was a pup and she was not able to be trusted inside. This spring we decided to bring Thumper (our bunny) out there so that "he" could enjoy more room and fresh air. We just left the dog house in there for "him", so "he" would have shelter. We occasionally let Thumper run around the yard for fun. Our neighbors have a bunny too and they let him run in the yard occasionally too and we have seen him in our yard. Thumper has been running the yard the past several days because of our painting (proximity of the kennel). We are painting the outside of our house right now!
So, this morning Isaac and I are heading to the grocery store and I decide to leave Cooper in the kennel for the first time. It's getting too hot to leave him in the car now.....and Thumper was hopping in the yard. I went out to check on Cooper first thing when we got home and heard this shrieking when I opened the back door. I could not believe what Cooper had found while we were away! He had one baby bunny out and in his mouth.. Poor little bunny. I think the bunny is fine. Poor Thumper was on the outside of the kennel fence. Looks like five bunnies at least, but I did not handle them....just the one that I saved to put him back.
We had NO clue that Thumper was going to have babies!! Good grief, we were still debating on whether he was a boy or a girl bunny! In Tom's defense, he did say a few weeks ago that he thought Thumper was a girl and not a boy! Thumper was given to us and we were told when we got "him" that "he" was a boy bunny! Obviously there is no doubt about that now....."he" is a girl! LOL! Tom wins that debate!
Isaac is ecstatic......jumping around clapping his hands yelling "I'm sooooo happy that Thumper pooped out some babies" And now he is asking me how "he" made babies! First task convincing him that Thumper is, in fact, a GIRL!!! He must first understand that babies grow only in girl tummies.......oh MY!!
Oh, the babies are in the back corner of the dog house.....reason we had no clue that they were there. Looks like they have been there for a while.
Love,
Wendy
ps Sorry about the spacing in this post! Blogger doesn't seem to be working correctly right now..ugh! Everything is just running together!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness... this is just a marvelous post! I was seriously laughing out loud! How sweet! Now what are you going to do with all these little cuties?
Post a Comment