Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stuff

We had a busy, but fun weekend. Heidi's friend, Samantha, came home with Heidi on Friday. They had fun hanging out until 8pm when I took them to our church's lock-in......or as some parents like to call it the lock-down. lol!! It took place at a YMCA. It involved kids from many churches in the area. There were about 80 kids there. They locked them in for the night....swimming, basketball, volleyball, pizza and snacks, devotionals, etc. Jacob went this year too. We were hesitant to let him go because he has never even made it til midnight on New Year's eve! Tom picked the kids up the next morning at 7:30 and the first words out of Jacob's mouth were "I made it Dad" :) When he got home he walked straight from the van to his bed. We had to go in there and peel his coat off of him. :) When Tom picked the kids up from the lock-in he dropped Heidi and Samantha off at Samantha's house. They had a full day planned for Saturday. They did get a couple of hours of sleep Saturday morning and then were rarin' for more fun. So, between Friday morning at 6:30, when she got up for school, and Saturday night at 8 when she got home from Samantha's, Heidi got 2 hours of sleep!....yikes! She's all caught up now! One of the benefits of being young I guess! :)

We are finally seeing signs of Spring!! YAY!!! Tom and Jacob had been seeing robins on a off for a week or so. I still had not seen one. I joked that I didn't believe them! I came home from town one day and Jacob was very excited because he had gotten a picture of some robins for me to prove that they were really here. Here is his photo! LOL!!

I have seen robins on my own since then, which to me means spring is in the air!! The kids have been outside playing quite a bit with just light jackets. With the death of our neighbor, Guy, we have new neighbors.....with kids! YAY!! We've never had kids over there. One of them is a boy Jacob's age. The boys love playing with Evany! They play outside for hours on end, which I love! Much better than sitting inside. They are quite creative too. Here is Isaac coming in from a fun day outside. :) Sword and gun made from scraps from Dad's shop. :)

Gracie has been begging Daddy to put up the pool so we can go swimming. It's warmer, but not quite 'that' warm........afterall, we do have snow showers in the forecast for the next few days!

The other day I was searching high and low for my glasses, which is a common occurrence around here. Isaac came running up to me with a huge grin on his face like this.....such a little jokster he is! :)


One last photo of a recent picture of Heidi and her Millie girl.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!! A GREAT UPDATE!

Laughted, chuckled, warmed my heart!!!!

Lock Down! lololol

The Byrd's Nest said...

Swimming? Grace is such the optimist! I am so thankful you have kid next door...what a treat! Love all the pictures!

HollyMarie said...

What fun is being had at your house! And you mean to tell me you can't tell there's a robin in that picture?! LOL! No robins up here yet; hopefully within a couple weeks though!