Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Leprechauns

I just LOVE Heidi's 8th grade teacher! She is excellent with these kids! :) The school that the kids go to now includes grades K-8. So, the 7th and 8th grade students are still in their own class room with one teacher....not like most typical Jr. High schools you see now. I absolutely LOVE the fact that she is in one classroom and not a big Jr. High School yet. So, as you can tell I'm just in love with the whole situation all the way around. :) Gracie would ask me if I'm gonna marry it?.....well YES I am! lol! ;)

Anyway, every year the 8th grade class picks a Halloween theme and secretly prepares for there special debut on Halloween Day. The teacher makes it so much fun for them. She draws the blinds when it's time to prepare and they are sworn to secrecy. The only ones they are allowed to tell is their parents because after all we need to be able to help with props. ;) So, it's all a big mystery to the rest of the school. What will the 8th grade do for Halloween this year? In the 8th grade classroom there is a framed photo of Halloween Day of all the past classes. This year....The Leprechauns! :)

So on Halloween Day the rest of the school does their tour through the school in costume and settles down in the gym for the big 8th grade debut. :) The 8th grade then makes their grand entrance this year to an Irish Jig, music and high kicks included....the teacher leading the way :)..... HILARIOUS!! LOL! Heidi had a ball! Gracie comes home earlier than the other kids and she was telling me all about her day and her party. She said, "I saw Heidi and she was GREEN!" Hee Hee!
In the above photo Heidi is in the back row....on the far left as you are looking at the photo....the one with her tongue out! :)
I'm so thankful to God for taking such good care of my girl as she transitioned to her new school! :) She's doing GREAT!
Love,
Wendy

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

All our prayers have been answered with this new school and teacher. She looks like she is having a great time! Praise the Lord!