Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Monday, January 02, 2012

Christmas Re-Cap

LOVE! JOY! FAMILY! FRIENDS! FUN!

Love,
Wendy

Gotcha! lol! It's impossible to condense the joy I feel in my heart into the confines of this blog post. I'll attempt to hit on some highlights.

We went as a family and found the perfect Christmas Tree for 2011. I'll have to say that we broke records this year. Our feet hit the snow at the Christmas Tree farm we walked straight to our tree within one minute...no exaggeration. We all agreed immediately that this was indeed our tree. Jacob cut down the tree and we were on our way. Tom and I both agree that it is one of the prettiest trees...if not THE prettiest tree we have ever had.


The kids did an awesome job at the Christmas program at school! I especially enjoyed the 8th grade portion of the program this year. Jacob, Gracie and Isaac go to a small school grades K-8. I work in the kindergarten room there in the afternoons. The school is 50% Amish. Anyway, each of the grades went through their portion of the program and the 8th grade went last. They did a "Christmas fashion show". They entered one at a time from the back of the gym, walking the full length of the gym to the front in their Christmas garb to the music "Electronic Santa". If you aren't familiar with the song "Electronic Santa" listen to it here:
It was SO much fun!! As you can imagine this livened things up. lol! Jacob was a happy participant! He was so much FUN! He definitely got into it. He wore a Christmas vest and had blinking lights dangling around his neck. I knew nothing about this before hand. None of us did. Top Secret! ;)  He strutted up the aisle to the beat of the music and struck a pose right with the music when he arrived to the front. The crowd LOVED it! His teacher came to us after the program and told us how much she appreciates Jacob and his sense of humor and eagarness to participate. :) So proud of my boy!!
We were surprised when we downloaded pictures and actually caught this on our camera. LOL! It was FUN!!
Took this photo of the 8th grade class after the program. SOOO happy to have my kids in this school...especially for Junior High!
We had some fun baking tasty treats!


Our TLC youth group from church collected, packed up and delivered Christmas gift boxes to seven families. When we delivered them we also sang Christmas carols. I think I can say that we brought Christmas cheer to all...US as well as the recipients of the gift boxes! Unfortunately I don't have pictures of any of this. :-/ We hold the memories fondly in our hearts!

We had a quiet (bwahahahahahaha) Christmas morning here at home filled with lots of Christmas smiles as we exchanged gifts! :) :) :) :) :) :)


WendyS look what Heidi received...thought of you (and me of course!). She's hooked!! ;)

We worshiped with our church family on Christmas morning. The kids passed out candy canes following services. Gracie and Isaac enjoyed that! On Christmas evening we celebrated James' 18th birthday. Yes, he was a Christmas baby!
Wrapped up in Birthday blanket....
Let me just take this opportunity to give a little cheer for James! He's been around for a while and our whole family has grown quite fond of the boy! ;) He's doing great! We've watched him grow up over the last 3 years. I'm convinced that God has big plans for this young man. He has a huge giving heart. He is taking steps to enter the United States Air Force once he graduates from high school. So very proud of James!!

On the day after Christmas we traveled to Indy for Christmas with my family....my entire family...Mom, Dad, Terrie and kids, Joe, Jamie and kids and our crew. That makes 20 folks all under one roof. It was WONDERFUL!!!
Lots of love....lots of joy.....lots of family....lots of food....makes for a great time had by all!!!

These are stockings Neena style. Love em!! Yes...they are legs...made from panty hose. One for each family with lots of fun goodies inside. :)

Cousins!

Drew, Avery and Gracie

Jacob and Riley...Riley had a battle with the pavement! He lost. :(



Then yesterday, New Year's Day, we spent at Grandma and Grandpa Dick's house with more family...17 folks in all yesterday. YAY! Wall to Wall family.... :)
This is Gracie with her 2nd cousin, Jack. I think this photo sums up the season so beautifully don't you....joy and wonder! :)

I hope all of my friends and loved ones have enjoyed this holiday season as much as we have! May we all make it a wonderful 2012!!

Love,
Wendy

No comments: