Some of my rambling thoughts..... School/Work starts on Tuesday. I have had intentions to blog this week, but other priorities have taken precedence as summer's end is quickly upon us. Priorities like fishing, swimming, bike riding, canning, clothes sorting, school shopping, school meetings etc. etc.
Heidi started her college classes this week. She is dual enrolling.... at the high school for part of the day, college for part of the day....2 hours that she is at the high school is for her medical occupations program. She will be job shadowing for part of that time. She will also be doing some tutoring at the tutoring center at the college where she is attending.
Ok, so onto what I started this post to ramble about. My word of the year...EASE. The word I chose at the beginning of the year to think about....to ponder on...to try to incorporate into my life...to make a conscious effort to sink into ME.
The verse that I used in my previous post....
Be still and know that I am God ~Psalms 46:10~
This verse is coming to the forefront of my mind over and over again. I am thinking about this verse....pondering this verse....trying to incorporate this into my life....making a conscious effort to let it sink into ME.
I know many of these thoughts are repeats from previous posts I've written on EASE. But, as I said, these are just my rambling thoughts and it helps me to get these thoughts that are rambling in my head down in written form! I think this helps me think....it helps me ponder....it helps me incorporate things into my life....it helps me make a conscious effort to let things sink into ME. ;)
What I've learned. What I know for sure is that EASE and being STILL is not necessarily a physical thing. The verse says "Be still and KNOW that I am God" My mind and soul can be "still" in the knowledge of my all powerful heavenly Father even when my body is in motion!! YES??!!
Yes...quiet time with our Lord is invaluable and important. We've gotta have it to grow. Jesus often went off alone to pray and be with his father! We need this quiet time. But, I don't think this is the kind of stillness this verse is talking about. Be STILL and KNOW.....Our MIND and SOUL needs to be at EASE at REST at PEACE in the knowledge of our Loving Lord no matter what is going on around us. Remember...the hoopla post! ;)
Some other recent quotes I have read that reiterate this point:
"Rest is to have inner peace even while still in motion"
"The state of my space does not reflect the state of my soul"
So, I can be at EASE no matter how busy my life is! My soul and mind can be at EASE even when my body is in motion. Perhaps...I even have more EASE and STILLNESS in my mind and soul when my body and hands are busy DOING what the Lord would have me be DOING.......ah ha...lightbulb moment! I should make that a Wendy quote! ;)
End of ramble......for now. LOTS going on around me at the moment.....BUT, my soul and mind are STILL and at EASE in the knowledge that my Lord is in control. He is the same ALWAYS...now and forever more!
Love,
Wendy
PS...Coming back to this post this morning with more rambling thoughts. After a refreshing sleep last night I woke with this thought. I know we have all had nights when we wake from a physical sleep feeling less than refreshed....NOT rested at all. Our body is still tired. WHY is that? Well, because our soul is not at EASE (PEACE, REST, CALM...and all of the other synonyms I listed for EASE at the beginning of the year). Unless the soul is at EASE (PEACE) there is no EASE (PEACE) for the body. Sleep does not give rest to the soul. How do I find EASE in my soul???
Find REST, O my soul, IN GOD ALONE; my hope comes from HIM. ~Psalm 62:5~
The answer is quite simple. EASE in your soul comes from God alone!! We will ONLY have PEACE in HIM!!! End of story.
Be at REST once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you. ~Psalm 116:7~
If I want to live a life of EASE in my soul I MUST stay connected to my Lord!!! If I am connected to HIM I will be at EASE(PEACE, CALM, REST) no matter what activity (hoopla) is going on around me. NOTHING can take my EASE(PEACE, CALM, REST) from me as long as I have HIM!!!
Love,
Wendy
1 comment:
Beautiful! :) Thanks for the reminder... as we all approach the coming school year and the chaos it brings, may we be reminded to rest in HIM.
Post a Comment