Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Prom 2011!

Heidi and James went to prom on Saturday. What a fun experience for all of us really! :) Of course Gracie absolutely LOVED every part of it. It was pretty neat because these days they have what they call "grand march" where family and friends are invited to watch as they introduce each couple. So much fun to see them all decked out in their finest!!

The kids had a GREAT time! :)

We went and got Heidi's hair done by our hairdresser. They call it an "up-do". Gracie was unable to come with us because she and Isaac had a soccer game Saturday morning. Boo!! Anyway, we were quite surprised when Lisa told us that Heidi's hair takes SO well to a curl. I just assumed because it is so straight that it wouldn't. She even told Heidi that if she EVER gets her hair permed in the future do not allow anyone to use small rods on it because it will friz. She insisted that Heidi not forget that she said this. LOL! Thanks Lisa on a job well done! :)


My beautiful girl! James gave her this heart necklace on prom day. It looked so nice with her dress!

James went and picked out the flowers all by himself. Heidi and I both did not have orange in mind for flowers and were a bit skeptical about it when he told us what color they were. LOL! He was so excited about them though. :) I think they actually look very nice!! Good job James!


I love this shot of them!

And, of course the two of them ALWAYS have fun!



Some of Heidi's pictures from the prom. :)

I know this post is very picture heavy, but Grandma wants to see. ;)

Reality is starting to really hit me now. My baby girl ...my baby...will be graduating high school next year at this time. She will be 18 in December. She will be dual enrolling in college classes in the fall. Sniff...sniff...just...well...WOW!!  That's all I have to say about that.....

Love,
Wendy

4 comments:

hollym. said...

I feel for you, Wendy!! It is bittersweet to go thru this (graduation that is)and even a sort of grief, but it does get better!

On a lighter note, Heidi and James are gorgeous, beautiful, handsome, darling, precious, the whole gamit of words!!! They look so cute, cute, cute together. James looks like such a respectful,nice young man and Heidi, well I've always just loved your girl.

Praying for you as you go thru the next year with all of the excitement of Heidi's Senior year. Enjoy every moment,Wendy, even the hectic ones as it will fly by...
Love, hollym.:)

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these pics ...as you know. LOL ... and I also know that you KNOW that I understand how you feel! :(

On a funny note ... when I read the "UPDO" part it cracked me up. Made me think of that Youtube video where she says "Own that ponytail .. work dat updo!" lolol

Love you,
Terrie

HollyMarie said...

Awwww they are just beautiful, both Heidi and James (handsome)! I think the orange goes beautifully; you know blue and orange are complimentary colors in the art world. :)

What changes are ahead for Heidi and for you too as you have one so close to college. Blessings and prayers as you enjoy the last of Heidi's childhood!

Wendy said...

*LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE*

the pics...the moments....the stories...the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James *really* has good style!!

picking Heidi ;)

oh the flowers too :P