Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Monday, March 28, 2011

Little Big Man

So, Isaac has been really wanting a suit coat for a few months now. His wish finally came true on his birthday this week. :) Thank You Grandma and Grandpa Dick!! He was SO excited about wearing this today. When I got up at 7:30 this morning he was already up and dressed in his new suit coat. So sweet! I could just eat him up. ;) He was so extremely proud. He had his money for the collection plate tucked into his inside pocket. hee hee.(he has birthday money now) He was sitting next to James during worship service this morning. Isaac layed down in the pew and James leaned over and said, "men with suit coats don't lay down in the pew" Isaac said, "Well, then I'll take it off"  He proceeded to take his coat  off and layed down. LOL!! Of course,  at this point Tom had to instruct him to sit up. He sat up and put his coat back on. He put his head on James' shoulder and said, "Even men with suit coats get tired sometimes" Ha!! He is such a little cracker jack!

So, in case ya missed it. My baby boy is officially EIGHT! Wowzers!! My BABY...as in my youngest youngin' is eight years old!!!!!!! He turned eight on Wednesday.  So, we have two eight year olds in the house for a few weeks. We had a great time celebrating our boy!





Little Stinker!! ;)

So, a few weeks ago we went to the Winter Sports Awards for James' wrestling. And, I actually won a prize. I have to share because I never win anything like this. WOW! I won this school baskeball cap.

Isaac was quite pleased with my win. :) Well, actually at first he was not so pleased because my first thought as the recipient of the baseball cap was Jacob because the cap is for a bigger head. Isaac was so disappointed about his lack of a cap that Jacob, out of the goodness of his heart, gave the cap to his little brother. I was so very proud of Jacob!! You may notice in the above photo a slight yellow tinge to Isaac's right cheek. That is because this is what happens when boy meets wall in PE class at school:


OUCH!! The school called in the morning telling that he hurt himself. They said that they were icing it and they thought he was ok, but they wanted me to check it when I got there. I work at the kids' school in the afternoon. When I arrived his cheek was VERY swollen. It was puffed out even farther than his normal chubby cuteness. lol! He was grinning from ear to ear and said, "You think I need to go home?" Ha! I assured him that I thought he would be fine. I had him describe the accident. Apparently LaWayne's leg was the culprit causing the fall. I then asked him if he cried. He said, "Are you kiddin' me?? I bawled my head off!!!!" lolololol!

If I was asked to describe Isaac in just one word, the word would have to be FUNNY!! :) :) :) He keeps me smiling all of the time.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy!!

3 comments:

hollym. said...

Happy Birthday, Little Man!

Can't believe he's 8, Wendy!!

HollyMarie said...

Oh my goodness, he cracks me up! :) Happy Birthday to your sweet funny amazing 8 year old Isaac! :)

Audrey said...

If only we all could have an "Isaac" with his wisdom in our households... all I have is a 7-yr old who likes to fart and burp.... :)