BASK...isn't that a good word?? Love it!! I've been reading a blog the past few months that I absolutely LOVE. You can find it here: http://www.livewithflair.blogspot.com/ It's called "Live with Flair" Heather is an excellent writer and she posts everyday with her thoughts and ideas on living with flair. Yesterday she talked about basking. Head on over there and check it out. You won't be sorry!
She pointed out that the word bask means to receive great pleasure from something. It got me to thinking. What have I basked in so far today? What have I received great pleasure from today? Hmmmmm?
I was home with a sick Isaac yesterday. All of the "I missed you's" I received today brought me great pleasure. :)
An "I love you" text from Heidi. :)
Ryan's joy on passing his 12's in multiplication. He did a jig! :)
The smell of popcorn lingering in the hallway on popcorn day. :)
Wide eyes as I read Boxcar Children to the kindergartners. :)
Isaac peering into the kindergarten room where I was working to make sure I was there. :)
Watching Gracie play jumprope on the playground with her friends. :)
A picture drawn especially for me by Jordan. :)
Jacob strapping on his belt with his knife attached as he goes out into the morning darkness to take care of his ducks. There might be something lurking out there. :)
The joy on J.C.'s face when he earned 5 stars and a pencil. :)
My clock is telling me it's time to go pick up my kiddos from the bus stop. I like the word bask. It's the simple things in life that bring the most joy. I plan on continuing to bask in all of those most important simple things for the rest of my day. I hope all of my friends will bask in the pleasures of life today as well.
I think this word goes nicely with my word of the year....EASE! :)
Love,
Wendy
1 comment:
Love the new look of your blog. Like the trees and water in the background ... AND I love this post! I needed to read it at this exact moment! :)
Terrie
Post a Comment