These are my nephews Wyatt and Cody. They arrived in Michigan on Wednesday from Idaho. They are on a big adventure. Tom's brother, Mike and his family Tammy, Wyatt, Cody and Austin are moving to England. Yes, as in the United Kingdom. Mike is in the Air Force and will be stationed there for three years. Tom and I were stationed in England for three years with the Air Force as well. Awesome experience! I hope they enjoy it as much as we did. Mike, Wyatt and Cody along with Grandma and Grandpa Dick will be spending the day with us today. They will be here for Jacob's basketball game this morning and then back to the house to visit. Isaac woke up this morning while it was still dark looking for the boys. I think he is a little anxious for their visit. :) Tammy and Austin are in Wyoming right now visiting with her family. They will arrive in Michigan on Wednesday.
I really like this photo. Remember if you want to enlarge for better viewing you should be able to just click on the photo. If you can't see the sign it says "Pure Michigan". Tom and I were both raised in rural Michigan. We spent about 10 years traveling the world with the Air Force and then came back to Michigan to raise our family. Since our move back to Michigan in 1994 we have toyed with the idea (for various reasons) of moving out of the state. As many of you know, last year we had the opportunity to do just that because of Tom's job in Maryland. We learned many things through our experience of layoff, unemployment, working out of state etc. One thing we learned for sure is that we love the state of Michigan! We love rural Michigan. Grandpa Dick says we need to keep this area a well kept secret....shhhhhh! ;) We appreciate it so much more after facing the real possibility of having to leave. Oh, I know that home is where your loved ones are and that we could set up our home anywhere in this great land and be very happy there too. Tom and I have done that a lot and enjoyed the adventure immensely! We just have a new sense of peace and contentment now about where we are. No more toying with the idea of leaving. Our roots are deep here. We are so very thankful that God blessed Tom with a job here. Isaac continues to include that in every single prayer that he says, "Thank you for Daddy getting a job in Jackson!" Yes, YES...Thank You Lord! This is home...Michigan...Pure Michigan!
Love,
Wendy

3 comments:
What a sweet post Wendy! I'm so glad you guys can be right where you want to be. :)
We love Michigan, too, Wendy! Don was born here and I've been here since I was one!
Say YES, to Michigan! :)
JUST PRAISE THE LORD!
I loved reading this LOVE the photo! AM GEEKED for your extended family's adventure! Rob will be sure to wave for you when he goes there :-) (which is often)
I love what you wrote!
I too love Michigan.......really I do! I would like to get more rural again - the city found us ;)
Post a Comment