First of all, Tom is away for the week for work. He'll be home today. YAY! So, I've had a bout of a stomach bug....a big nasty, yucky bout!!!! It hit me fast and hard! BLAH! I'm saying this, ONLY so that I can share some proud Mama moments with you. The true colors of my 4 kiddos have been shining through over the past couple of days. And, I'll have to say that I like their colors. :) Heidi was up in the middle of the night assisting me in a not so stellar moment for myself....bringing water, extra blankets, etc. The next morning Jacob made breakfast for all (well, not me...lol!)...waffles and sausage. I did not ask him to do this. He did it under his own accord. Heidi has been keeping the roads hot running all the errands that I would normally do. Last night she made dinner and packed lunches again without being asked. The little ones have been giving me lots of extra hugs. I'm just so stinkin' proud of all of them! I'm seeing glimpses of the men and women they will grow up to be. There is good in everything....EVEN the stomach flu. If this nasty bug hadn't hit me, I would not have been able to witness my children in these acts of kindness. My heart was blessed by the stomach flu. :)
I'm still happy that it's gone............... ;)
Love,
Wendy
2 comments:
THAT IS SO GREAT!
REALLY!
OH JUST......CONTENTED SIGH!
:-)
:-)
I'm sorry you were so sick! But wow, what kids you have. Be proud mama!
Post a Comment