Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Thursday, June 11, 2009

SUMMER

YAHOOOO!!! Summer has finally arrived. It's time for a change of pace. Notice I didn't say a slower pace because I don't seem to be seeing that just yet...lol! New and different is good though. Heidi's last day of school was last Friday and J, G and I finished up on Tuesday.

It went out with a bang. What a morning we had on Tuesday. Whew! It was a bit of a whirl wind, but it was mostly a fun kind of busy! We lost our power on Monday night when a thunderstorm came through. It was still not back on Tuesday morning. We had to prepare for the last day of school, which included a dish for potluck with no power. Interesting. ;) The kids rode the bus to school because Heidi had range driving for driver's ed. that morning. When I arrived at the school later I discovered that BOTH Gracie and Isaac had their shirts on backwards.....if that tells you anything about how the morning went. Ha! The kids all had fun. Gracie was a goat in a little play in her classroom. We all had plates to eat on for the potluck and Isaac's teacher put together an extremely nice slideshow "farewell to kindergarten" that had me misty. sigh......... And, a good time was had by all at the field day. I did forget my camera that morning, but a friend took photos of the kids for me, which was such a blessing. She had no clue that I had forgotten my camera. She went and got the pictures developed later that day and dropped them off at the house. God takes care of every little detail of our lives doesn't he?! I had to scan the pictures in, so the quality isn't the greatest, but you get the idea. The photo of Jacob above tells you how he feels about summer vacation! ;) I thought that was a good shot. The girl in the photo is Colleen, James' sister.

Here's Miss Gracie in the sack race. In Gracie's class they receive "c's" on their papers for an extra nice job on neatness or coloring. Gracie received the award in her class for the most c's of the year. Gracie pays extra special attention to details in her schoolwork. Great job Gracie!!!!

And, Isaac's favorite game of the field day was the egg toss. Yes, those are real eggs!!! He thought it was quite hilarious that he tossed the egg to his friend Brandon and it broke! lol! The kids all did excellent on their report cards! Heidi made the honor roll. You go girl!!! They dont do honor roll for the other kids yet. Gracie's report card said "still likes to talk"......surprise surprise!!! Neena commented at the beginning of the year when we got that comment on Gracie's first report card that we might as well just accept that as a fact of life because it is who she is and it won't change. I think she's right! saying "Gracie still likes to talk" is like saying "Gracie still has black hair" HA!!!

Oh, and summer must be officially here because I found a toad in my washer yesterday. He went through the whole cycle and survived. Poor little fella!!!

Enjoy your lazy days of summer........or your busy fun filled days....whatever the case may be!

Love,

Wendy

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I am having one of at least 3 lazy days of summer..I'm hoping for 2 more - tee hee!

That snapshot of Jacob is WOW!

and Gracie's smile...Isaac's concentration and glee...

LOVE IT! what a dear friend..yes...God even covers the little things!!

rotflmbo about the toad!! I have found plenty of slimey, scary, pokey, unexpected things but a toad...A LIVE TOAD

dying here!

Hooray for ending on solid grades and happy notes!

Love,
WS

hollym. said...

Oh Wendy!!!
I just LOVE your family and updates! I ALWAYS get a good laugh!

Jacob the jumping bean!
Two shirts that can be worn the second day by just turning them around to the right side.
Gracing talking non stop! ( That's my Anna!)
Toad gets a good washing and survives! Wow!:)

MORE, MORE, I need MORE laughing!!

HollyMarie said...

Happy happy summer to you and yours! I loved looking at all these pictures.. can just imagine Isaac's thrill when the egg broke! Congrats to Gracie on her award. Pretty neat!

me said...

OH MY!!!!!!

Love you