Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Friday, May 01, 2009

Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet

This is my new word of the week. Isn't it a FUN word. I just love the way it sounds. And the definition of flibbertigibbet...

A silly, scatterbrained or garrulous person

and garrulous means

habitually talkative, esp. excessively so

Hmmmm? This describes a member of my household to a "t". I'm not naming any names, but I'm sure Daddy can guess.....LOL!!

I love the word and am claiming it as my own. The walls of our home will soak in the phrase "don't be such a flibbertigibbet".......said in fun of course! :)

Does the word sound familiar? Maybe this will ring a bell:

How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
How do you find a word that means Maria?
A flibbertigibbet ! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

:)

Thank you Heather for introducing me to this word and to Beth for reminding me where I've heard it before. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it! :) :)

Love,
Wendy

3 comments:

Terrie said...

this is CUTE! I never knew what that word meant in the Sound of Music. :) Hey ... just noticed .. time to update your profile cuz ALL of your kiddos have had birthdays! Time flies!!!

Wendy said...

lololololol

Tom said...

Yes, I do know who it is. :)