I've always said that Jacob would give anyone the shirt off his back! He has a heart as big as the state of Texas! In fact, just this morning I was chatting with some email friends and told them exactly this.....that Jacob would give anyone the shirt off his back. Today my boy proved that the statement is true and I am just so stinkin' proud of him!! :)
At school Jacob's class (4th grade) along with the 1st grade class are doing "Santa's Candy Shop". Instead of exchanging gifts, each child in these two classes donates some candy and stickers. Then they make up little candy bags to sell to the entire school. The money that they make from the sale is donated to the local homeless shelter.........GREAT idea!! We were off of school Monday and Tuesday this week because of the weather. On Wednesday Jacob excitedly took the candy that he was donating to school. He came home that day just thrilled because someone had donated Ring Pops! :) Today I sent each of the kids to school with some money to purchase treats for "Santa's Candy Shop" and Jacob had big plans for Ring Pops! He came home this afternoon with a sealed envelope. Honestly, my first thought was "uh..oh" lol! Inside the envelope I found this note from Jacob's teacher:
"Dear Mr. and Mrs. C..."
I was so proud of Jacob today. He bought two Ring Pops today at our candy sale. He also was on today's sales team. When he saw that a kindergartner wanted Ring Pops and we were sold out, Jacob graciously gave his own to him. Then, Jacob didn't even want to take his own money back! I thought this was a wonderful gesture on his part. I am hoping to get more Ring Pops this weekend and will give Jacob first choice on flavors!
Sincerely,
Mrs. F..."
My Mama heart was swelling after reading this and of course I told my sweet boy that I am so very proud of him!!
Love,
Wendy
3 comments:
Wendy,
I am swelled with pride and tears of joy....
WOW!
Thanks for sharing that awesome heart of Jacob's! And thank YOU for doing such a great job, that my kids will grow up in a world with people like that!
That was SOOO very sweet of Jacob! You have a right to be oh so proud of him! Way to go Jacob! May you continue to have a heart the size of Texas!
He has already learned how to be Jesus to others. Wow! What a kid!
Post a Comment