Every Good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Trick Or Treat


Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! We had lots of fun at our house! We had a cowboy, superman and a little pumpkin. This is the first year that Heidi has not dressed up for Halloween. I told her that she could still dress up even though she isn't trick or treating, but she said that she didn't want to dress up for nothing. ;) I did fix her up a bag of special Halloween treats, which she is still enjoying. We definitely do not have a shortage of candy at our house these days!! All three kids definitely know what trick or treating is all about now and had no problem filling up their bags on Halloween night.

Every afternoon I am now picking up a lady that Tom works with and taking her home. She is Amish and has a driver that takes her to her in-laws house. Their house is very near the kids' school. So, I pick her up after I pick up the kids and take her home. EVERY afternoon now as we pass through Colon (where we did our trick or treating) taking Ruth home, Gracie asks the SAME question...."Can we go trick or treating tonight" ....and EVERY afternoon I give Gracie the SAME response, "Nope Gracie, all of the houses are closed for business until next year". ;) Jacob has now learned to anticipate the question and before Gracie gets the whole question out he will quickly say, "Nope Gracie, closed for business" LOL!!

So, until next year our trick or treat bags are tucked away in the back of the closet and the doors of Colon are "closed for business" to the little ghosts and goblins of our small town. Perhaps Gracie won't have to be reminded of this fact EVERY day for the next year. ;) One thing's for sure..........our little pumpkin enjoys trick or treating!!.......and so did Superman for that matter. ;)

Love,

Wendy

No comments: